In this Privacy Statement, the following terms are defined as follows:
Agreement: means the agreement entered into by and between you and Survival Dutch relating to the Online Course (e.g. by accepting the offer to take a Survival Dutch Online Course).
Online Course: means a Dutch online course or training or tailored Dutch online course provided by Survival Dutch that is accessible for a period of four weeks and includes a weekly Zoom Session of one hour and four Online Videos that will be uploaded each week.
Privacy Statement: means this privacy statement.
Survival Dutch: means a Dutch company, registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number 70999147.
Zoom Session: means one of the weekly zoom sessions as part of the Online Course.
2.1 Survival Dutch will process/save your given first name, last name, email address, phone number as well as photo(s) and video(s) of you (hereafter: Personal Data). In addition, Survival Dutch will be taking photos and videos during the Zoom Sessions for promotional purposes. These photos and videos will be saved and uploaded on Dropbox, the website of Survival Dutch and/or a social media page of Survival Dutch.
3. WHY WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
3.1 Survival Dutch will only collect and use your Personal Data for the purposes for which the Personal Data has been provided to Survival Dutch and therefore to the extent necessary for the performance of the Online Course relevant related purposes. The purposes for which Survival Dutch processes your Personal Data is to:
- send you Online Course-specific email notifications and updates about the Online Course you registered to;
- send you an invitation for the Zoom Session;
- decide who to grant access to the ‘Survival Dutch Academy’ Instagram page;
- decide who to grant access to the ‘Survival Dutch Community’ Facebook page;
- keep you up to date regarding any changes in respect of the dates and/or times of one or more Zoom Sessions;
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- contact you occasionally in order to invite you to share your opinions and experiences of the Online Course;
- for promotional purposes (photos or videos); and
- collect, moderate and present reviews and ratings of our Online Content and Courses to be published on our website, Instagram page or Facebook page.
3.2 The aforementioned purposes (reasons) for the processing of your Personal Data are also the legal bases for this processing, and based on:
- The performance of the Agreement
- The processing of your Personal Data is necessary for the performance of the Agreement by Survival Dutch.
- Legitimate interest
- The processing of your Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Survival Dutch.
- Your Consent
- By entering into the Agreement with Survival Dutch, you agree that Survival Dutch will process/save your Personal Data.
By entering into the Agreement with Survival Dutch, you agree that there will be photos or videos taken of you, which will be saved for promotional purposes, unless you specifically request in writing that we do not use your photo or video in this manner by sending a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
4.1 Within Survival Dutch, Kyra Spapens, Caresse Spapens and (other) employees of Survival Dutch have access to your personal data.
Survival Dutch provides your Personal Data to third parties:
- if is necessary for the execution of the Agreement (for example: payment via the bank);
- because Survival Dutch is obliged to do so by law (for example: providing information to the tax authorities);
4.2 Survival Dutch may also provide your Personal Data to:
- external advisers, such as lawyers or tax specialists, to establish rights or defend themselves against legal claims, if needed;
- if Survival Dutch has outsourced certain processing activities for the purposes discussed above to a processor (for example: a promotion agency); or
- customers, suppliers in the context of carrying out our activities.
5. SAVING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We do not transfer your Personal Data to countries outside the European Economic Area.
Your Personal Data is digitally stored and secured with two-factor authentication.
6. DURATION OF THE PROCESSING
Your Personal Data will be saved from the beginning of the Agreement, which will usually be the moment that you have informed Survival Dutch that you would like to follow the Online Course until the end of the Online Course. After this period Survival Dutch will in principle delete your Personal Data within two months.
7. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data against loss or unlawful processing, including but not limited to password security, secure data storage and security through two-factor authentication.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
As a data subject, you have several rights under the GDPR. In short you have the following rights:
- Right of access (Art.15 GDPR)
You may ask Survival Dutch which Personal Data we process, why this happens and to whom the Personal Data is provided.
- Right to rectification (Art.16 GDPR)
You may request Survival Dutch to adjust or supplement incorrect Personal Data.
- Right to be forgotten (Art.17 GDPR)
Under certain circumstances, Survival Dutch must erase Personal Data when you request for it.
- Right to restriction of processing (Art.18 GDPR)
You can ask Survival Dutch to limit the use of your Personal Data, for example when Personal Data may be incorrect.
- Right to data portability (Art.20 GDPR)
You may ask Survival Dutch to provide digital Personal Data to you in a form that allows you to provide the Personal Data to another party. The right to data portability only applies to data that Survival Dutch has received from you and as Survival Dutch processes that data digitally because you have given permission for this or with respect to the performance of the Agreement.
- Right to object (Art.21 GDPR)
If we process your Personal Data because we believe we have a legitimate interest in it (including the use of your Personal Data for marketing purposes), you may object to this.
Survival Dutch points out that the above rights are not absolute. Numerous exceptions have been formulated in the GDPR and UAVG. For example, the right to data portability does not apply to personal data that is on paper and a request with an appeal to be forgotten can be refused, including when Survival Dutch is involved in legal proceedings with someone.
You can send your request to exercise your rights to email@example.com to Kyra Spapens or Caresse Spapens.
Should you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org