Due to corona, we needed to change our way of teaching. That’s why we came up with the online Survival Dutch Academy ‘Introduction to The Netherlands‘. You can find more information about this online Dutch course below. And of course, we will not stop providing Dutch courses in the classroom. With great care we will start our courses later this year. More info below!
1. Survival Dutch Academy ‘Introduction to The Netherlands’
This online Dutch course focusses on daily Dutch conversations. The program is developed for absolute beginners who would like to learn a bit more about the Dutch culture as well and enjoy getting to know new people from all over the world. You will learn, among other things, how to introduce yourself and your family, how to order your drink and food in a Dutch restaurant and how to ask for directions. Dare to speak Dutch! Throughout the program I (Kyra) will be your Dutch teacher and will give you tips of nice events/places to visit in our country. It will be educational and FUN.
– When you sign up for the online course, you will get access to the locked Survival Dutch Academy Instagram account for 1 month. Every week (for four weeks) we upload a video on its IGTV channel where we discuss several topics; how to introduce yourself in Dutch, how to express your emotions, how to order in a restaurant, etc. A big advantage uploading these videos, is that you can watch them whenever it suits YOU!
– There will be a weekly online coaching session (19:00-20:00) with the other participants and myself on Zoom. Get yourself a glass of wine and some snacks; this will be FUN! You will practice with me and with your digital fellow students several exercises based on that week’s course material and we will work on your pronunciation. But there is also room to discuss current Dutch news or to ask me questions about life in the Netherlands. And to connect with each other of course!
– You will get unlimited access to the exclusive Survival Dutch Academy account on Facebook, only accessible to members. In this community you can ask the other members for help/input on Dutch matters, give each other advise on awesome Dutch events and make some new inspiring connections.
Next Survival Dutch Academy ‘Introduction to The Netherlands‘ starts Monday August 3rd.
Registration fee: EUR 50,-
Please send an email to email@example.com for more information or to sign up.
2. Survival Dutch ‘Dare to Speak’ program
The Survival Dutch language program focusses on conversation. The course is developed for absolute beginners and contains a combination of learning the language in a classroom and practicing your Dutch with the locals at the (super)market/in a bar or at another place where the Dutch come together. Dare to speak Dutch! Throughout the program Caresse or Kyra will be your Dutch guide and will give you tips of nice events/places to visit. It will be fun and informal!
Next course will start: Updated soon!